Preliminary analysis of the over 50 Interviews conducted suggest a few initial trends:
1) Many parents get books for their children through free book giveaways and NOT libraries.
2) Tribal members highly value literacy, books, and the need to prioritize funding to make sure books are available for their children and youth.
3) Most participants saw libraries only as a place for books and computers.
4) One of the resources mentioned most often that they want to see more of was their own history and culture reflected.
5) Some were not aware the Blackfeet Community College Library was available to the general public.
Deeper analysis of the data will be conducted soon.